8oz hot or room temp water, 1-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice and 1- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- A greens powder mix is also a super option for increasing your health and alkalizing blood.
- Fresh fruit such as berries is a super start, especially if planning on a starchy or cooked animal protein breakfast such as eggs, bacon and toast or traditional pancakes made with eggs and refined flour. Its much easier for good digestion.
Wait 20 mins before eating protein, healthy fat, quality carb and fibre combo…
- This is a great time for a shower, stretching, meditation, planning your day...
- A power smoothie w/ fruits, veggies, plant protein such as 2-3 tbsp chia, flax, hemp or your fave nuts or seeds, non-dairy milk (fruit first eaten alone is not necessary with a raw food combo such as this for most)
- 1-2 pieces sprouted grain or whole foods gluten-free bread w/ natural nut/seed butter, flax, hemp, chia seeds and cinnamon. Fresh or dried fruit is a great option to jam or honey
- Home-made granola w/ organic almond, soy, cashew, hemp or oat milk or plant based yogurt
- Over-night oats or chia bowls (click here for recipes)
- Avocado McMuffin – recipe
For a fast and balanced breakfast: add protein to a fruit and veggie smoothie. i.e. 1-2 tbsp nut or seed butter;
chia and hemp seeds; soaked nuts or seeds or SunWarrior Protein powder or even legumes like chickpeas.
Between meals: Water w/ fresh lemon juice or infused with fruits, herbs etc.
Snack: 1-2 servings veggies w/ legume dip or a small handful of nuts/seeds and fresh or dried fruits
A glass of water before lunch (add chlorophyll for more health benefits if desired)
- 2 - 3 cups of salad greens and veggies topped with 2 Tablespoons raw organic almonds or sunflower, pumpkin or sesame seeds or ½ cup legumes/beans or hummus, 2-3 oz lean meat/fish of your choice (Top w/ 1 –2 tbsp salsa or a low oil vinaigrette w/extra virgin olive, hemp or walnut oil, garlic, lemon juice and/or apple cider vinegar); nut/seed butters, avocado, pureed fruits and herbs are great to replace oil in salad dressings.
- Side salad and 1 cup buckwheat pasta w/ ½-2/3 cup tomato/veggie sauce or 1.5 – 2 cups chili, curry, hearty soup or stew, or 3 oz grilled, poached or roasted fish, veggies with 2 – 3 cups veggies
- Whole grain bread sandwich/wrap w/ tomatoes, arugula, onions, avocado, Dijon, protein: 2-3 oz legumes or nut pate, etc. Option: side salad or non-dairy soup
- Ancient Grain salad – approx 2 cups of a vegetable and grain salad with legumes served over 1 – 2 cups leafy greens such as spinach, arugula, kale or Romaine etc.
Pre: 1 hr workout fueling- A simple Alkaline Carb such as fruit - mango, papaya, apple…
A 3 hr workout – Consume a 3 – 1 carb to protein/fat ratio. Use Coconut oil – it’s a great energizer
Immediate Post workout– Water Add chlorophyll if desired and Fruit: banana shaken in hemp or Chia seeds or Apple slices w/ 1 tbsp nut or seed butter Or 1-2 oz combo: raw almonds, figs or dates
Post workout meal Within the hour after working out: A full spectrum meal including high quality protein’ healthy fats, whole food carbs and high fibre. IE: power smoothie; quinoa or legume salad; veggie wrap, stew, stir fry, sprouted grain wrap or bread sandwich with avocado, tomato, greens,
A glass of water
Fresh veggie crudities while prepping dinner and/or a salad w/ dinner
- Fresh living greens are important for digestion and vital living phyto-nutrients
- 3- 4 oz of grilled or sautéed fish or meat or tofu or tempeh or beans or seafood
- 1 - 2 cups or more lightly steamed or stir fried non starchy veggies. (Chard, spinach, kale, peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, sprouts, cabbage etc.) Roasted on occasion is ok.
- 1 cup quinoa or amaranth or millet or small sweet potato or squash, baked – best
*The body digests protein more easilty if No starchy carbs are consumed with animal protein
Lunch and dinner ideas can be interchanged –
ideally the largest meal is eaten mid-day.
- Herbal tea such at Tradition Nighty-Nite and if desired fresh fruit
- A small serving air popped popcorn with sea salt, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast olive oil
- 1 cup frozen grapes or pineapple or mango cubes or 1/3 cup Teri’s vegan Banana butter ice crème or home-made power balls or Banana Bites.
Aim for a minimum of two hours of digestion time before going to bed.
- Be sure to include more plant based proteins into your daily diet for better health.
Most important - eat in a relaxed state with minimal distractions and pay attention to foods that energize. There is no one dietary approach that works for everyone - we must tune in to our body's response and respond accordingly.
Get personalized diet and lifestyle guidance customized to your person needs/objectives. Contact me for more info.