It's simple perfection thanks to Mother Nature and perfectly ripe mangoes. Plate it pretty and make it beautiful to look at as well as sensational to savor or pour it into popsicles molds for a divine frozen treat you can run with. Keep organic coconut milk on hand along with frozen mango chunks and you’re minutes away from a fabulous guest worthy sin-free sweet. It’s even ok to enjoy at breakfast. Using fresh mangoes is ok too - just be patient while it freezes.
- Makes 6-8 parfaits
MANGO PUREE INGREDIENTS
6 cups fresh frozen mango chunks, slightly defrosted (organic peaches may be substituted)
1 – 2 tbsp maple syrup, coconut sugar, Lakanto or raw honey, to taste
¼ cup Cointreau or sub with mango or orange juice, coconut milk or coconut water
GARNISH: ¼ cup toasted organic coconut flakes and fresh raspberries
- Measure the ingredients into a powerful blender or food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Let mango defrost longer if you don’t have a powerful blender.
- Freeze if not using right away and let stand at room temp for 30 minutes or so to soften before serving.
COCONUT WHIPPED CRÈME INGREDIENTS:
This vegan whip crème is amazing and abundant in a healthy fat metabolizing med chain triglyceride.
One 14/15-ounce can full-fat organic coconut milk
1 tbsp coconut sugar, Lakanto or raw honey, or to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp organic vanilla powder or more to taste (optional)
- Refrigerate coconut milk 4 hours or overnight so it is well-chilled.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the firm layer of coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can ensuring you avoid the liquid. (Reserve and use in smoothies, soups and stews or when making rice.)
- Place the cream in large chilled glass or stainless steel bowl, or stand mixer.
- Turn stand mixer or hand beaters to high speed and whip the coconut cream for 3 - 5 minutes or until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks.
- Beat in coconut sugar and vanilla until incorporated. Chill until ready to use.
- Using 6-8 martini or wine glasses, spoon approx 2 tbsp coconut crème into each. Top with 3-4 tbsp mango coulis and repeat finishing with coconut crème.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and a few raspberries and serve.
- Make a strawberry or raspberry coulis as well and swirl red ribbons in your parfait.
- Pour the mango puree into Popsicle molds and freeze. You can add a few berries or swirl berry coulis into them for playful and yummy pizazz.