'Oh wow' is your surefire response when tasting these amazing organic apricot n cashew bars. Need a sweet treat? An energizing snack before or after your workout? These are it and the dense caramel taste paired with chocolate is oh-so-good! And they get even better every day you can resist over-indulging so consider making a double batch.
- Prep time: 15 minutes, chilling time 30 mins
- Yield - approx 24 triangles
2 cups organic apricots
1½ cups toasted, organic cashews
½ cup organic coconut, toasted if desired
¼ cup chia or hemp seeds
Zest from 1 organic orange
½ cup organic orange juice
Pinch sea salt
2 tbsp mesquite powder, optional
- Line a 9 x 11 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure the apricots and cashews into a food processor and blast until chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and process until ingredients bind together, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Press into an 8 x 8 pan, pressing down firmly and evenly and freeze while preparing the chocolate drizzle.
- Add a scoop Sunwarrior Blend vanilla protein powder to the apricot mix
- Pulse in 1/3 cup raw cacao nibs before pressing into the pan
- Add intrigue and heat with a pinch chipotle or cayenne to taste
- Sprinkle addition orange zest and a power shaking of Sunwarrior Vanilla protein powder over the chocolate while it’s still warm
½ cup 76+% organic chocolate
¼ cup carton or canned coconut milk
- Finely chop chocolate while heating the milk in a small pan over medium low heat. Once hot yet not boiling, remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate stirring well to melt.
- Using a spoon held high over the bars drizzle with chocolate as thickly as you like.
- Chill for approximately 30 minutes before scoring into bars, triangles or squares then cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer as desired.
My fave product brands for staple ingredients are Sunwarrior, Ojio, Nature’s Earthly Choices and Earth Circle Organics. Order Sunwarrior online using discount code 15433 in the US or in Teri Canada for a 10% discount.
Recipe created by Teri Gentes www.terigentes.com – permission required to reprint