This is a home-run or touch down, (even orgasmic if you will); perfect any time of the year and so apropos with the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day fast approaching. If you add the maca root powder, paired with the chocolate it’s a mighty fine aphrodisiac.
Protein and fiber rich, they are truly fabulous, two bite brownies that are so good for you they can be eaten for breakfast and even suffice as pre-work fuel with the added bonus of a little caffeine kick from the chocolate, and espresso if using. No matter when you choose to have them or why you want them (besides they taste amazing) it’s a super easy to make recipe and one we suggest you share with all those you really love. Make them as a gift and include the recipe. Just be sure to credit the creator, thanks.
Yield: approx 20-24 mini brownies
Prep time: 5 minutes or so / Bake time: approx 20 minutes
- 1, 15 oz. can organic black or adzuki beans, drained or 1 3/4 cups pre-cooked
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder, ground coffee or 1 pkg Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee
- 2 Tbsp Maca powder optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax, mixed with 5 tbsp coconut water or coffee/Dandy Blend
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 2 tsp brandy or coffee liqueur
- Approx 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave or coconut syrup, (1/3 cup is fine for me)
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter (smooth or crunchy or Organic)
- 1/3 cup chopped chocolate – choose organic, dairy free
- Fleur de sel
Raw-Tella or raw hazelnut n cacao nut butter, chocolate shavings, espresso, Sunwarrior protein or raw cacao powder, or cacao nibs.
- Shavings organic, dairy-free chocolate or raw cacao nibs
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes or fleur de sel before baking
- 1-2 servings Sunwarrior vanilla, chocolate or mocha protein powder
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and prepare a mini muffin tin with a brush of coconut oil or mini parchment paper cups.
- Measure the ingredients into the bowl or a food processor or high speed blender and blast until just smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if desired then stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cups to 2/3rds full then top each with approx ½ tsp Sunbutter swirling in to marble slightly. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake approx. 20 - 25 minutes or until the brownies are just done. They will still look soft in the center and that’s ideal.
- Let cool on a rack for a few minutes, enjoy as is or drizzle each with a little raw-Tella or chocolate shavings and any of the variations if using. Continue to cool completely then store in a covered container or freeze up to 1 month.
- While these are already perfection in a bite when serving as a dessert I love to top with a dollop of vegan nut, seed or coconut cream.
- I think prune or date jam would work wonderfully as a sub for syrup. That will be my next batch. ;-)
- Find the suggested nut butters here: Jem or Artisana and if you have nut allergies stick with the Sunbutter.
Recipes created by Teri Gentes – permission required to reprint. REAL FOOD FOR REAL HEALTH