- Vegan, gluten, soy, dairy and nut-free
This creamy, cashew ricotta is so yummy and ever so versatile. Change up the taste with various herbs, add-ins like chives, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, roasted garlic, etc. Get creative in the kitchen because let’s face it, we all love to gather there.
- Prep time – 10 minutes, soaking time 60 mins or overnight
- Yield: Approx 250g / 1 cup
1 cup raw cashews, soaked 1 hour or overnight
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp onion powder
Black pepper if desired
3-4 tbsp water
GARNISH: chives, fresh herbs, lemon zest, olive oil, etc.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth and almost creamy starting with 3 tbsp water and adding more if needed pending upon how long the cashews soaked. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Garnish any way your heart desires and enjoy.
- If making the cheese in a high speed blender maximize on your time and create another recipe from this one. Simply leave a little of the cheese mixture in the blender instead of scraping it clean. Add your favorite vinegar, a plunk of Dijon, perhaps a shallot, sea salt, pepper, and olive oil or an avocado and a little water as needed. Blast to make a fabulous creamy dressing. Include some fresh or dried herbs if desired.
Recipe created by Teri Gentes www.terigentes.com – permission required to reprint