- Sweets, snack, vegan, gluten, soy, dairy-free
These truffles are rich, butterscotch-ie, and infused with added nutrients! Yes - Yes. Enjoy your treats guilt-free by using great ingredients, that are minimally processed and made with love. These are so easy to make, use minimal ingredients and you have lots of room to play with various ingredient options. Let me know how you make yours.
- Prep time: 10 minutes to mix and shape
- Yield - 24 power truffles
1½ cups raw or toasted, blanched hazelnuts
1 cup organic Medjool or Iranian dates, pitted
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup raw cacao nibs or buckwheat groats if preferred, or both
2-3 tbsp lucuma powder and/or mesquite or maca root powder, optional
Pinch sea salt
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 tsp each raw cacao powder, cinnamon, and shredded coconut
- Grind the hazelnuts in your food processor until they resemble groats.
- Add dates and vanilla and process to combine then measure in the remaining ingredients (except for the coating). Pulse again until mixture clumps together.
- Roll the dough into ¾-1" balls then roll in the hemp or the cacao, coconut and cinnamon combo
- Place the balls in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Add a scoop Sunwarrior Blend vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- Add 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup dairy-free 70%+ raw chocolate, pulsing to combine
- A dash cayenne pepper is great too.
My fave product brands for the ingredients are Sunwarrior, Ojio, Nature’s Earthly Choices and Earth Circle Organics. Order Sunwarrior online using discount code 145333 in the US or in Teri Canada for a 10% discount.