- Salad, main course, vegan,nut and gluten-free
- Serves 4
1/3 – ½ cup quality extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup organic red wine or balsamic vinegar – I love a combo
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
2 – 4 tbsp olive juice from Kalamata olives
1 – 2 tsp fresh garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp fresh oregano, if available
1 – 2 tsp dried oregano, rubbed
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients together varying the amount of oil and lemon juice used pending on personal preference.
4 cups Romaine lettuce or desired sturdy greens
1 bell pepper - bite size pieces
1 medium cucumber - bite size pieces
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
2 tomatoes - bite size pieces
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
½ cup vegan feta
1. Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing to taste and tossing once again to blend well. Enjoy as is, or pan grill organic bread that has been brushed lightly with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, lemon and cayenne pepper.
• Fresh tomato juice can also be used in place of the vinegar or olive juice. Using lemon infused oil for half of the olive oil is also just delish!
MARINATED GREEK STYLE TOFU – AKA Vegan Feta
- Makes approx 2 cups
1 lb block firm organic tofu, pressed or wrapped in a towel for 15 mins, cut into ½ inch cubes
2 tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tbsp olive juice or Sauerkraut juice
1 tbsp organic olive oil
½ tsp garlic, if desired
1 tbsp dried oregano and 1 tsp fresh, if desired
Fresh Black pepper, to taste, sea salt only if needed
- Combine all the ingredients and let marinate at least two hours. This will keep 4-5 days stored in the refrigerator.