- Sweets, dessert; vegan, gluten, soy, nut free
Decadently delicious- crazy good actually and free of top food allergens, dairy, peanuts and soy. When you take a few quality ingredients and marry them together surely this is divine – ordained even. These are just that – a protein rich, super easy-to-make combo of Sunbutter, Sunwarrior Protein Powder, #Lakanto zero cal monk fruit sugar, coconut oil, sea salt and yes, great organic chocolate.
Yield: 20 - 24 cups
Prep time: 20 mins plus chilling time
1/2 cup organic Sunbutter
3-4 tbsp Lakanto or coconut sugar, to taste
2 scoops (1/4 cup) vanilla Sunwarrior Warrior Blend protein powder
½ cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp organic coconut oil,room temp or gently melted
Finishing sea salt such as Maison Orphee Fleur de Sel
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini paper cups or lightly coat with coconut oil.
- In a medium size bowl, measure all the above ingredients (except sea salt) and mix until smooth and creamy. Adjust ingredient amounts adding a little more of the shredded coconut or protein powder to create a fairly stiff texture. You want this to be firm enough to hold up to the texture of the chocolate.
- Drop a spoonful into each of 20 -24 cups of your prepared muffin tin smoothing to create an even base. Chill 20-30 minutes to set the base while preparing chocolate topping.
SUNBUTTER CUP TOPPING…
1 cup quality dark chocolate, bitter sweet, raw or baking 70% or higher (dairy free)
½-2/3 cup canned organic coconut milk – full fat ideally
- Heat a medium size pot of water to boiling and then reduce to simmer.
- In a bowl that will sit over the pot without touching the water, heat the milk. Meanwhile chop the chocolate into fine pieces.
- Once the milk is hot, turn off the heat or add the chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Remove Sunbutter cups from the refrigerator and pour a little chocolate over each cup to cover completely. Sprinkle each with a little pinch of the sea salt. Chill to firm and store in an airtight container kept in the fridge. You may need to do your best to resist eating too many in one sitting. These are Crazy-Good!
- If you prefer a chocolate base, melt the chocolate, pour a little of the melted chocolate topping on the bottom of each muffin cup then set chocolate back over the pot of water. Top with the Sunbutter crème and chill a few minutes before topping with the remaining chocolate and sea salt. Chill as directed above.
- Topping with a sprinkle of super food raw cacao nibs is another way to infuse flavor, texture, nutrients and even more yum!
- I've found it best to use paper cups or a silicone tart pan to ease getting the cups out once they are chilled. If necessary, use a sharp knife to loosen the chocolate from the sides of the pan if you've simply oiled it.