Oh the breakfast dilemma.
Is it your most important meal of the day?
Well no matter what time of the day you have your first meal, what does matter is what you decide upon. Sugary, refined carb breakfasts or high fat, complex cooked breakfasts like bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast are sure to wreak havoc on blood sugar and/or blood cholesterol levels as well as digestion/nutrient assimilation and healthy elimination. This is something you don't what to mess with.
So what are some BETTER BREAKFAST IDEAS?
Well first and foremost:
EAT LESS refined flour breads choosing whole-grain, non-GMO Artisan, sour-dough, yeast-free, sprouted grain, rye, millet, buckwheat, preservative-free breads like Stonemill, Silver Hills and Integral, Pita Break pitas, Ezekiel…
- Organic non-wheat cereals: steel cut or rolled oats, quinoa flakes, overnight oat or chia bowls, home-made granola, porridge made with teff, millet, sorghum, buckwheat groats…
- Choose organic dairy or non-dairy milk alternatives: hemp, soy, oat, coconut, almond…
- Fun Toast toppers: Pureed dried fruits for jam, raw honey, maple syrup, agave, black-strap or pomegranate molasses, avocado, sautéed mushrooms, hummus…
- Buy local, pastured eggs and choose salt cured Pancetta or Prosciutto to replace bacon or try tempeh bacon or coconut bacon bits
- Smoothies - made with a mega load of fruits and veggie such as leafy greens to frozen zucchini you'll feel more alive and revved for a brilliant day
- Scrambled tofu - with a variety of veggies this is a super start to your day
- Muffins - if you make them yourself or buy them from a local bakery you'll know exactly what is in them
- What about Bullet Proof Breakfast Cookies? These grab and go creations are divine
There are so many great ideas for you to start your day and if you are in a hurry, savory leftovers from dinner the evening before may be your perfect choice over boxed cereals and bagged breads or stopping at a drive through.
When we take time to plan ahead - you know you have to eat at some point right?... We set ourselves up to make both better food choices all day as well as function more effectively be it as work or play.
Meals Matter! Food matters! Make it a habit to have a good idea where your next meal is coming from and what your health improve. Likely the rest of your life too. A well fueled body is a better functioning mind and this is where it all begins. Nourish your thoughts to better nourish all the other areas of your life including how you feed your body. Its a game changer.