It’s frightful discovering how many foods are filled with sugar. Even if you’re avoiding adding sugar to your foods, sugar finds its way into most all packaged foods from yogurt, milk/non-dairy milk, baked goods including most breads, muffins, cookies, cakes, pizza crusts and flatbread, sauces, broths, condiments, dips, crackers, protein bars, nut and seed butters and on and on. Then there is candy and alcohol. Mega sources of sugar.
You’ll find high sugar in endless forms and added sugars in all kinds of beverages from (the not so smart) ’Smart’ waters and sports drinks, coffees, juice shop smoothies, flavored lattes and Chai teas, many tea leaf blends, so-called healthy protein bars, cereals, many North American, Indian, Thai, Chinese and Japanese foods including the perceived healthy sushi. It’s the reason most of us are so addicted. And this drug is legal, available most everywhere and encouraged. Help is needed to beat this addiction and I have it.
While sugar or a sugar substitute wasn’t consciously being added to my own food choices the more I scrutinized labels with diligence I discovered it was in some very unassuming places. After moving these foods out of my diet, besides feeling so much better, I noticed benefits including improved digestion, my taste-buds keenly attuned to the presence of sugar in all foods and I noticed less desire for sweet treats. Needless to say my weight, inflammation and health management is in control and it feels so good.
It's proven sugar is an anti-nutrient!
It depletes our body of essential nutrients wreaking havoc upon our immune system and accelerating our aging.
You likely know sugar can be toxic. Excess glucose in the blood leads to digestive issues, blood sugar imbalances, fatigue, and inflammation leading to chronic pain, auto-immune disorders and organ malfunctions.
And this ingredient creeps into our daily diet in endless ways.
Do you know just how much sugar that pricey Starbucks drink contains?
- A grande Caramel Brulee Latte has 52 grams of sugar and 430 calories.
- The Frappuccino contains 63 grams of sugar and 410 calories.
- A venti contains 82 grams of sugar and 510 calories. Frightful!
How would you like to learn just how to hack the addictive sugar habit, without any sense of deprivation?
Sure giving up something that gives you pleasure cold turkey is difficult yet there are many strategies and key tips I've learned over the years to kick this habit to the curb.
While facts alone aren't the only route to beat addictions they may help you to bid farewell to sugar addition.
REAL COOL INFO:
- Sugar cravings are a language your body uses to communicate nutrient deficiencies and digestion/absorption challenges.
- Our major villain - refined sugar depletes the body of its own minerals and enzymes, and creates an acidic environment leading to digestive distress, headaches, inflammation, mucus in the body, and allergies.
- When we consume refined sugar, the negative impact it has on the blood sugar levels can lead to depression, fatigue, poor sleep, irritability and numerous chronic and serious health conditions.
- Sugar naturally occurring in foods contains vitamins and minerals. A great example of a sugar in its natural state is in fruits and veggies and whole grains.
- A well-nourished body has better coping abilities, better energy, a stronger immune system and will age more gracefully.
- Eliminate refined sugar from your diet and choose to consume a variety of whole foods in appropriate amounts for your individual needs you help overcome most cravings. Oh yes to this!
When refined sugar is out of your diet no longer impairing your health and triggering addictions for more and more of it, you’ll experience:
- Improved digestion
- Glowing skin
- Less bloating
- Better sleep
- Improved sex drive
- Those bags under the eyes disappearing
- Stabilized blood sugar – which means less cravings and brain fog
- Weight loss
- Less cellulite
- Stabilized energy levels and hormonal balance
- A sense of self control and self-satisfaction - pride in yourself!
Stay connected right here to learn more about beating the addiction to sugar over the coming weeks.
I am intent to help you bid adios to refined sugars and retrain your brain to love, yes I do mean love eating foods that truly nourish every aspect of your life with zero sense of deprivation.
Here's to nurturing a life long love-love relationship with food and self. It's long been my mission.
Heart to heart hugs to you.