Metabolism dwindles, memory fades, muscles weaken, joints ache and skin sags.
The thing is, it's not so much aging alone that causes all of this. Much of the time these issues are related to accumulated years of neglect and abuse.
When it comes to most common forms or arthritis - aka inflammation; diet and lifestyle play a major role in the development of challenges. This means you can get out ahead of it to minimize risk, and if already dealing with the symptoms, make changes to better manage it and minimize its interference with your enjoyment of life. There are some basic habit hacks to make.
The comment ‘eat well’ is so subjective. Each of us has our own version of what this is and it's all relative. It may mean anything from 'I don't eat fast food like McDonald's and Taco Bell (yet still include regular consumption of highly processed foods like the proverbial 'perceived' healthier, lower calorie, taco wraps and whole wheat bagels); to religious consumption of a whole-foods, plant-based diet. There is always black and white with every shade of gray in between and each of us needs a diet specific to our own current state of digestive health.
In addition, numerous factors like regular movement/exercise, quality sleep, adequate hydration, stress management, all play a role in triggering inflammation. The thing is, diet impacts all these aspects as well meaning healthier eating can help in so very many ways.
Below are habits to embrace to help you to minimize chronic inflammation!
Habit Hacks to overcome chronic inflammation:
- avoid all refined sugars and sugar rich foods including white flour
- avoid most all packaged / processed foods including ALL deli/processed meats
- avoid glyphosate (Round-Up) sprayed crops like GMO and non-organic wheat and oats,
- avoid alcohol
- avoid animal fats, (and excess consumption of all saturated fats)
- avoid trans fats-found in animal products (and as a result of high heat cooking) as well as many packaged foods like crackers and baked goods
- avoid all animal dairy
- avoid cooking at really high temperatures as this changes the composition of foods creating something called d’ages… dietary advanced glycogen end products causing oxidative stress and heart issues
- avoid using non-stick pans due to the toxic off gases
- avoid chemicals/preservatives/stabilizers/flavors/colors – aka processed and packaged foods
Trust you can do this - pick a few of the above practices, make them yours and you'll begin to see the benefits. There is the philosophy… Part of the cure, is the wish to be cured!
So yes, this does mean some lifestyle changes need to be made yet the ROI when you take better care of yourself is priceless. See for yourself and start today.
Looking for support with implementing sustainable self-care practices?
Join us this January for the 8 week CLEAN LIVING FOR LIFE.