Now, crucial is to figure out how to do this and what to eat to ensure you are eating a well-balanced diet that provides all the essential nutrients and is truly delicious. Our meals need to be yummy, right?
I sure feel this way and it’s always my main intention… eating delish meals that inspire a ‘wow’ response. Heck, no I don’t always ace this yet most often I do and so I am going to share some of my most fave, yummy, easy-to-make and healthy plant-based ideas with you.
Here I begin with great breakfast ideas and you’ll see many links to full recipes so do click on the highlighted options. Keep reading for a whole selection of various ideas. Choose your favorite suggestion, plan on it for your next breakfast and please do let me know what your faves are and if there are any special requests you have. I’ll aim to get on them ASAP.
- Hot cereals: oatmeal, or Irish –steel-cut oatmeal, with cinnamon, raisins and/or applesauce (replace cow’s milk with soy or rice milk).
- For a delicious take on porridge use an ancient grain like teff, millet or amaranth in place of steel cut oats or grits and enjoy with cooked greens, avocado or tomatoes.
- Home-made Muesli 1 tbsp each sunflower, chia, hemp seeds, coconut, currents or slivered organic apricots soaked 30 mins+ in 1 cup non-dairy milk topped with grated apple, ginger and cinnamon. Enjoy at room-temp or gently warmed in a 250F oven for 10 minutes or so.
- Fruit crisp made with Muesli or Granola topping – combine 1 cup mixed berries, 1 tbsp seeds of your choice such as hemp, pumpkin or soaked chia and top with granola. Bake 20 mins at 325F.
- Fruit, nut and seed stuffed baked fruit (pears, or apples are great as is winter squash) topped with granola. Bake 25-30 mins at 325F.
- Apples, pineapple, bananas, peaches, berries... topped with nut or seed crème.
- Avocado McMuffin – look for sprouted grain versions such as Ezekiel
- Sprouted Mana Bread (find it in the freezer section of natural food stores) top with natural nut or seed butters like SunButter and topped with molasses, date syrup, raw honey, cinnamon, chia jam or fruit butters
- Oven-roasted “home fries” or a baked sweet potato topped with “sautéed” mushrooms, peppers and onions and served over a bed of greens.
- Half an avocado with lemon juice, cayenne and sea salt is delicious
- All fruit or raw protein smoothies (add seed or nut butter or soaked almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc)
- Tarty and Terrific Lemon Silken Crème parfait with berries nuts or seeds
- Now for a most divine and so easy to make treat… Apple Nachos
- And how about a Bullet Proof Chocolate Breakfast cookie!
I’ve come to discover over years of passion and purposefulness to eat great food:
All you need is the desire to take a little time, plan ahead or do a few fast steps in the morning to create anyone of the above options. Once you start making-taking time for a delish breakfast you’re sure to discover it’s one of the easiest and often most yummy meals of the day. What option will you start with?
Looking for more ideas – be sure to check out the recipes lineup and watch for the next blog on healthy lunches.
Need help with your overall lifestyle, stress levels and meal management?
Reach out to me for some coaching.